« A new chairman, an old chairman... | Main | The forum in Canton, and a word about Lorado Taft... »

April 21, 2006

GOP senators tip-toe in

Meanwhile, in non-17th District politics...

Illinois Senate Republicans haven't exactly leaped in with bugles blaring and drums beating, but they are at least tip-toeing into the 36th District Senate race.

James Beals, the "who?" candidate who was unopposed for the Republican nomination, says the Illinois Senate Republican Campaign Committee has said it's willing to pay for campaign brochures for him.

Beals, who faces incumbent Dem Mike Jacobs in the general election also said he's gotten individual contributions from five senators:
GOP leader Frank Watson of Decatur, Todd Sieben of Geneseo, Dan Rutherford of Pontiac; Christine Radogno of Lemont and Steve Rauschenberger of Elgin.

Beals said exact amounts would be reported on the semi-annual disclosure report due in July.

Posted by jcb at April 21, 2006 03:05 PM

Comments

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Posted by: PatSimons at April 21, 2006 05:21 PM

Mr. Beydler. I would like to thank you for posting comments on my behalf.

I look forward to running a clean campaign focused on the issues and letting the voters know what I will offer as their Senator in Springfield.

Posted by: James Beals at April 21, 2006 09:55 PM

Has anybody met this James Beals He is one scarry individual. I saw him stalking around at a local eatery. Scary odd. He reminds me of spmebody but I just can't put my finger on it.

Posted by: Anonymous at April 21, 2006 09:58 PM

Not on your behalf, Jim; on behalf of those people who may some little interest in this race.

Anon 9:58 p.m. -- You apparently have trouble putting your finger on the right key, too. Scarry.

Posted by: jcb at April 21, 2006 10:17 PM

Ah Pat Simmons. Another in the long line of pseudonyms from the person or persons who remind us in blogdom that the afflicted and troubled will always be with us.

If blogs are a ship, commenters like that are the barnacles (or maybe remoras? Naw, they serve a purpose at least.)

Posted by: The Inside Dope at April 23, 2006 11:41 PM

Yawwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn!

Posted by: Anonymous at April 28, 2006 09:01 AM

Is anybody home and does anybody care about this.

Posted by: Anonymous at May 1, 2006 08:58 PM

I care about this race as well as a number of voters who don't approve of political appointments. My prediction, Beals-63%, Jacobs-37%.

Posted by: The Inside Source at May 2, 2006 03:43 PM

This is the the same The Inside Truth that gave us the Rumler 62% Jacobs 38%. You are a regular swami.

I wouldn't plan any trips to Vegas anytime soon.

Posted by: Anonymous at May 2, 2006 03:55 PM

Beals cannot get votes from anyone who has met him or had dealings with him. He has quite the repution... and it's not good.

Posted by: Anonymous at May 3, 2006 01:09 PM

The Inside Dope and Inside Source are not one int he same...

Posted by: Anonymous at May 3, 2006 01:12 PM

Jacobs 70%
Beals 25%
Write ins 5%

Posted by: Anonymous at May 3, 2006 03:17 PM

As I mentioned earlier, I look forward to running a clean campaign. I will not make predictions because we are only in the 1st quarter of a long game. I have a great coach and support network. We will stick to the game plan.

As for the rumor mill, voters do not place merit in anonymous comments. In my opinion, if someone does not want to put their legal name to a statement, then they do not want to be held liable for it.

I will put my reputation as an Eagle Scout, West Point graduate, and Army veteran with 14 years of experience working for great American companies such as John Deere and General Electric - on the line - any day of the week.

Posted by: James Beals at May 3, 2006 04:57 PM

I know James Beals. He is a gentleman who cares about people and a VERY, VERY smart individual. If I were Mike Jacobs, I'd ask my dad to start looking for another job for me. He's sure going to need it after November 7th.

Posted by: Blog Dog at May 3, 2006 05:30 PM

Blog Dog - how's he got you so bamboozled? I've seen this guy in action. Interesting that you don't see it!

Posted by: Anonymous at May 12, 2006 11:13 AM