« D/A goes with Jacobs | Main | And the winner will be ... »

March 15, 2006

Evans on break

The D/A has story going tomorrow about Lane Evans' absence from work, at the suggestion of his doctor that he take a break.

Unknown how long the break will last, but Evans' staffers say he intends to continue his campaign for a 13th term.

Beyond Print has info, too.

Posted by jcb at March 15, 2006 07:15 PM

Comments

Lane hasn't missed work since he took office oh so many years ago. Now he is sick and you people want to make a national issue of it. Let the man recover so that he can do his job.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 15, 2006 08:37 PM

Hey, when a congressman misses a month of votes that's a legitimate news story. I wish Lane Evans well, hope he recovers, think he's doing a solid job as congressman, has my vote in 2006. But whether you like it or not, his health has become a bigger issue and this kind of news only elevates concerns and questions about his future
capacity to lead. That's not being mean, that's being realistic. I'm a Democrat who has always voted for Lane so don't lecture me about not supporting Lane Evans.

Posted by: anonmyous at March 15, 2006 09:31 PM

Lane Evans is the ultimate fighter. A Marine.
People will start reading too much into this news. He'll be back, and back very effectively for a long time. This is just a minor bump in the road in the life of a true fighter.

Posted by: anonymous at March 15, 2006 09:37 PM

Lane Evans is one of the most genuine and decent people in this political business. He's also a fighter who loves his job, his constituents and his district. I have no doubt he'll be back soon, working hard and doing his job effectively.
Get well soon, Lane.

Posted by: Porter McNeil at March 15, 2006 10:25 PM

You people are so mean to hit a man when he is down. Shame on you.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 16, 2006 07:41 AM

Politics is a contact sport where people play for keeps. This will be an issue for the voters to discuss. Not the Republican candidate.

A while back on this website I showed how the Presidential race came down in the district. I then explained that if something were to happen to Evans (a publicized falter related to the illness) that the Republican could get substantial support.

While Beydler's comments a few months ago were not relevant at the time, they most certainly are now: Me Thinks A Savage Battle Looms

Posted by: ILDC at March 16, 2006 08:35 AM

How Lane handles this will be the true measure of the man. We'll see if he is upfront and honest about his physical condition, or whether he will continue to send out his surrogates to attack all who question his ability to serve, and try to play the victim card.

Knowing how the Politburo operates, I'm sure they have had a replacement in the wings since Lane announced his illness---if not before. I wonder who it is?

I'm going to vote Democrat this time, so I can have the pleasure of contributing to the defeat of SNEM, and normally, I wouldn't vote for anyone who is unopposed. But this time, I intend to write in a candidate against Lane, in order to send a message to Lane and the Politburo----no more business as usual!

Posted by: paladin at March 16, 2006 02:16 PM

THIS is a HUGE story compared to the 36th Senate - how come nobody cares?

Posted by: Anonymous at March 17, 2006 02:28 PM