« | Main | Evans on break »

March 12, 2006

D/A goes with Jacobs

The D/A did it's endorsement in the 36th District senatorial primary today. It's for Mike Jacobs.

Edit says lots of nice things about Paul Rumler, but concludes Jacobs' "experience and connections" are needed.

Posted by jcb at March 12, 2006 01:37 PM

Comments

I wonder what the Inside Dope's take on this will be..... The editors are in fact Mike Jacobs, The editors are Jacobs clan, Or the editors were paid off by the rich Chicago dems.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 12, 2006 02:45 PM

Maybe tirades and slamming reporters and editors DOES work?

Posted by: TID at March 12, 2006 03:24 PM

I always had the Dispatch pegged as a sort of Business Republican type of newspaper; and by that I mean they wanted to play it safe and did not want to rock the boat. Although I've been pleasantly surprised lately about D/A taking on some of those representing the Democrat machine establishment, it appears the Dispatch's true colors are shining through---on the editorial page, at least.

Posted by: paladin at March 12, 2006 04:08 PM

Rather than wondering, you could go see for yourself.

As to your little slams, pretty cute. But why come to someone else's blog to make cracks about me? If you want to take it up with me, do it where it belongs.

Unless of course, John enjoys having his blog used for slams against other bloggers and the arguments they incite.

And "Rich Chicago Dems"??? Where the hell did that come from?

Posted by: The Inside Dope at March 12, 2006 11:08 PM

Congrats to Senator Mike Jacobs!

Posted by: Anonymous at March 13, 2006 02:49 PM

Sorry, Dope. Not trying to start anything. Will direct other such questions to you.

Here's the endorsement discussion on TID.

Posted by: jcb at March 13, 2006 02:56 PM

Any predictions on this race John?

Posted by: Anonymous at March 13, 2006 03:22 PM

No predictions -- I'm lousy at that, and have the record to prove it.

Posted by: jcb at March 13, 2006 04:07 PM

I know it's hard to predict the electorate, but I think we'll (Democrats) have a low voter turnout due to complete disenchantment with Governor Blagojevich. Democrats I know are afraid that this administration will end up facing too many subpoenas to be able to campaign effectively in the fall. Eisendrath might surprise some folks. As for Jacobs-Rumler, it should end up about 61-39. You clearly have a built in anti-jacobs vote, but the dispatch endorsement gives the Senator good momentum the last week.

Posted by: anonymous at March 13, 2006 10:32 PM

Who do you want to win? can you say?

Posted by: Anonymous at March 13, 2006 10:34 PM

Me, I'm a sucker for the underdog/little guy. I'm pulling for Rumler. Am caught up in other stuff at moment, but hope to find time in couple of days to expand on why.

Let me sayhere, as I have a bunch of times since this blog was launched, that I do not write D/A editorials, do not influence their content and have not set in on discussions about who to endorse.

Posted by: jcb at March 13, 2006 10:44 PM

If Rumler gets 40% of the vote, with the 100-1 disadvantage (in money), that's really getting something done.

I'm not so sure that this thing won't call for Rumler. I've heard a lot of buzz, and people are not at all happy with Jacobs.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 14, 2006 06:51 AM

If Jacobs wins 60-40 then this will be an inditment on Rumler. Denny Jacobs has made a lot of enemies along the way. He had beliefs and with beliefs and convictions one mekes enemies. This on top of the people that didn't like how this thing appointment went. A Jacobs 60-40 would be a great day for Jacobs. Bigger than his fathers primary wins. I see more of a 55-45 race. We will see.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 14, 2006 08:21 AM

jealousy rears its ugly head once again.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 14, 2006 09:36 AM

Jacobs has done a lot of chest thumping about this video game bill, how quickly we forget what he said at the time:

"I'm going to vote for this bill, but I'm voting for it for one reason because this is a political bill," said Sen. Mike Jacobs. "If I vote against it, it will show up in a campaign mail piece."

And this guy is supposed to be looking out for our best interests. Sounds to me like he's only concerned about HIS best interests, politically. So Mike, let's not try and pretend that you voted for this because you thoroughly researched it, and determined that it was the right thing to do.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 15, 2006 09:52 AM

Jacobs? Oh, for shame...

I understand that Dispatch endorsements have often been the kiss of death for candidates -- though no doubt that's just a coincidence.

The thinking must be that Jacobs is the one mostly likely to bring home the bacon. Which is fine, if you're into swine. I'd just as soon have somebody a little more grounded in reality than "Rosa Parks" representing the Q-C in Springfield.

But this is, of course, the land of Lane Evans, one of the country's most irrelevant Congressmen, so it'll hardly be a surprise if Junior manages to actually get elected to daddy's office. But that doesn't mean I'd endorse the loose cannon.

I'm hoping for a Rumler miracle.

Posted by: Infamous Scribbler at March 15, 2006 01:05 PM

I applaud Jacobs Bill against violent video games. It will be a big help to some of us single parents without the time to do everything. It will help us get the guidance we need to help our children.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 15, 2006 03:01 PM

Anyone else notice that Jacobs tag line is awfully close to Lane Evans:

Evans: "One of us, fighting for us"

Jacobs: "One of us, working for us"

Does this guy have an original thought, ever?

Posted by: Anonymous at March 16, 2006 07:18 AM

Jealousy rears its ugly head again.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 16, 2006 07:56 AM