« Rumler on WIU | Main | Isabel Bloom moving production overseas »

February 08, 2006

Happy Birthday DPP, et.al

A year ago, on Feb. 9, 2005, Davenport Daily Politics became the first (so far as I know) Q-C political blog. Less than a week later, The Inside Dope launched. There's 10 or so around town now on which politics is a primary subject.

Intended to write a "happy birthday" post on What It All Means. Won't get that done by tomorrow, but may get back to it later.

A couple of the local bloggers have shared stats with me, and I have my own. Been trying to piece together some reasonably accurate guess as to how big the audience is.

I see two for-sures:

1. Blog audience is miniscule compared to print & TV.
2. Blog audience is growing rapidly.

I still intend to try to hang a number on it, but it'll be a while, maybe along about the time the Kolb trial is over.

In the meantime, Happy birthday, Fly. You, too, Dope

Posted by jcb at February 8, 2006 11:38 PM

Comments

I think it's time for you came back home, John. I (and I believe most of the readers of your blog) would much rather you inquiry into the Jacobs campaign report (all the titallating details), than hang around the Reynolds murder trial. We've heard more than enough details of that tragic affair and not nearly enough of who got what from the state senator's campaign war chest.

Posted by: greg at February 9, 2006 07:42 AM

Tsk, tsk. John may draw in some new blog readers by writing from the trial, who will later on migrate to other interesting posts, and other local blogs. A bigger audience and perhaps more people who will participate.

The politicians ain't going anywhere...

Posted by: Vita at February 9, 2006 11:35 AM

Tsk, tsk, yourself, Vita. Take a look at the posts/comments. I would say far more people are interested in politics than murder trials...what is there to say about the case that hasn't already been said 100 times?

Posted by: greg at February 9, 2006 06:21 PM

Thanks for the good wishes John.

If it's one thing I've learned, it's that blog years are like dog years. The calendar says it's been a year, but it feels like it's been about 17. ha!

Posted by: TID at February 10, 2006 07:16 AM

Where are the local blog posts on Isabel Bloom outsourcing to China? Now, there's a decision that deserves to be boiled in oil.

Posted by: MR at February 10, 2006 10:39 AM