« To the Kolb trial... | Main | Working on the jury »

February 05, 2006

D primary voters aren't sheep

In several of the Jacobs-Rumler strings below, several people fall for the line that support of RICO's top dog Democrats is all that's needed to win an election. Far from true, especially in a primary.

The most dramatic proof of the point is a late '80s county clerk primary. Dick Leibovitz got the Demo nomination by beating John Gianulis, who in addition to being county chairman was the incumbent county clerk. Yes, in a primary election, RICO D's turned their party chairman out of public office.

If I was to go digging through old election records I could other instances, big offices and little offices alike, where the primary didn't come out the way Gianulis et.al had in mind. One that got lots of attention was the Craig-Hardin recorder's primary in '76 or there abouts.

It's true enough that a lot of would-be candidates let the party leaders talk them out of running against incumbents. But those who do stand up have as often as not topped the machine guy.

Assuming D primary voters are sheep has always been a mistake. May be even more so these days.

Posted by jcb at February 5, 2006 10:33 PM

Comments

I hope you're right John. It's time for a change. Rumler seems like a nice guy, and his resume is more impressive than Jacobs. Let's give him a chance.

Posted by: It's Time at February 5, 2006 11:08 PM

THE BIG BAD BLOG WOLF

The next day the wolf walked further along the road. He came to the house of bricks which the third little pig had built. But the pig was a clever little pig. He knew that the big bad wolf just wanted to eat him.

When the third little pig saw the wolf coming, he ran inside his house and bolted the door.

The wolf then came to the house of bricks.

" Let me in , let me in" cried the wolf.
"Or I'll huff and I'll puff till I blow your house in!"

"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin" said the little pig.

Well, the old wolf huffed and puffed but he could not blow down that brick house.

The old wolf became very angry, but he pretended not to be.

But the wolf thought he was sly and he climbed up on the roof to look for a way into the brick house.

The little pig saw the wolf climb up on the roof and lit a roaring fire in the fireplace and placed on it a large kettle of water.

When the wolf finally found the hole in the chimney he crawled down and KERSPLASH right into that boiling kettle of water and that was the end of his troubles with the big bad blog wolf.

The next day the little pig invited his mother over for tea. She said "You see it is just as I told you. The way to get along in the world is to do things as well as you can." Fortunately for that little pig, he learned that lesson. And he just lived happily ever after!

Posted by: thecleverlittlepig at February 6, 2006 10:18 AM

Okay. I give up. Was that jcb, Gianulius or Jacobs who ended up in the pot of boiling water? You'll have to draw your allegories a bit more clearly if you want the rest of us in the blogosphere to understand your meaning.

Posted by: greg at February 6, 2006 08:51 PM

John, I thought that you had been around the QC long enough to realize that the Jacobs masterminded this win for the Leibovitz campaign. Where are you from anyway? They have been running you for years.
Good luck John!!

Posted by: Anonymous at February 6, 2006 09:18 PM

John, it must be frustrating to give so much to the Rumler campaign and get so little in return. You have been trying with all your might along with the inside dope to hurt Sen. Jacobsís re-election bid. It must be a frustrating cross to hold. You show your lack of power and influence. I feel for you and your week voice. Maybe you should get out from behind the Paper and run yourself, but that would be very embarrassing for you. Where are you from? I am sure it is not form here. I think you should consider moving back home before you embarrass yourself more than you already have.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 6, 2006 09:35 PM

What's amazing is that after the Jacobs' clan helped Liebovitz beat John Gianulis for County Clerk, John G is solidly in the Jacobs' camp these days. Politics makes strange bedfellows I guess.

Posted by: anonymous at February 6, 2006 09:56 PM

The poor spelling, the hard to follow dialogue, these posts smell of Jacobs. Mike, please get back to work.

Posted by: Hmm at February 6, 2006 10:17 PM

I think that The Passing Parade is far and away the best QC oriented blog out there. Unlike Inside Dope, Beydler is actually somewhat even handed and brings an overall responsibility to his postings that you do not see on most blogs.

Recently I have come to the site more often due to the greater frequency of postings. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: ILDC at February 7, 2006 08:16 AM

obviously the wind bag in question is none other than the big bad blogger himself. john "Clueless" bedyler.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 7, 2006 09:21 AM

If gianulis is in the jacobs camp after what they did to him, I wonder if don wooten has forgiven the jacobs?

Posted by: Anonymous at February 7, 2006 02:44 PM

yes, Senator Wooten is a mentor to young Senator Mike Jacobs.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 7, 2006 06:05 PM

Anon 2:44 and Anon 6:05 -- find some name other than "thedopeinside" to post with or I'll just trash your stuff instead of going to the trouble of stripping out the name.

It's not very clever, in fact, not clever at all.

Posted by: jcb at February 7, 2006 07:44 PM

John, I would like to let you know that the full state of Illinois board of higher education 2007 budget includes #1 ranked opportunity on returns program request for higher education for $13.8 million to WIU QC campus. WIU officials are ecstatic about the news and have congratulated Governor Rod Blagojevich State Senator Mike Jacobs, and Rep. Pat Vershoore for their hard work and dedication without whom this project could have never been done.

This is a great day for the Illinois QC!

Posted by: Anonymous at February 7, 2006 08:36 PM

don't understand the comment, jcb. I didn't use the dope's name - I was strictly annonymous. Are you saying you want me to use a name?

Anon 2:44

Posted by: Anonymous at February 7, 2006 09:45 PM

You are insane JBC. Are you the dope or just his family member. This crazy talk has got to end. You are comming unglued. I think you are better equipped for the paper than as a blog manager. I assume the paper is making you do this. Looks like the end of the road.

Posted by: ROAR at February 7, 2006 11:36 PM

They are not sheep. That is why they will not listen to you and thay never have listened to you. You are a sad excuse for a newsman. Maybe you should think of hanging up the keyboard and running for office yourself.
For you are the wolf!!

Posted by: Anonymous at February 7, 2006 11:49 PM

Mike, just because you are a character, doesn't mean that you have character.

Posted by: Mr. Wolf at February 8, 2006 07:01 AM

Ignore the crap, JBC. You run a great blog. Your writings have long impressed me, and I remember you standing up for integrity years ago when there was pressure to go easy on big dollar advertisers. Keep up the great work.

And, Mr. Wolf, beautiful quote.

Posted by: king of beers at February 8, 2006 09:46 AM

If I were you, I'd just dump all these dweebs and their comments. They remind me a lot of the kids that go to parks and tear apart the nice buildings and play equipment.

You don't have to put up with such uninformed criticism JCB.

I will certainly second the comment above which noted that your writing is the best of any local blogger.

It's a shame, but if it weren't for just a handful of people, and we know who they are, area blogs would be so much more elevated and much more enjoyable for all, including those who write and produce them.

Posted by: The Inside Dope at February 8, 2006 10:51 PM