« Sorry, guys, no `War on Christmas' here | Main | One of those trips »

December 16, 2005

Pig plant things: Rumler 34, Jacobs 1; a bogus $2.7 mil

East Moline's pig plant controversy is providing the first real issue in the primary between Sen. Mike Jacobs and Paul Rumler. who Thursday urged the East Moline City Council to stall off the Triumph Food deal until it knows if a sister plant in St. Joe, Mo., can pass a smell test, once it goes operational next year.

That contrasts pretty sharply with Sen. Jacobs' vow to help the city make the deal work any way he could, though at the time he couldn't share the name of the company everybody was talking about.

If the election had been at Thursday's pig plant public hearing in Silvis, the vote would have been 35-zip Rumler. No. No. Make it 34-1 Rumler. Riverstone's Bob Imler was there, listening and taking notes. Give him a point for that; everybody else remotely associated with the proposal dodged invitations, though Thom Hart and Rick Baker did send nice letters making reasonable-sounding cases for the plant.

Hampton Township Supervisor Deborah Jackson made the most interesting point of the evening when she said the tax benefits being promised local governments are bogus. The numbers are all based on a $2.7 million assessed value, a figure supplied by Rich Keehner, E.M., asssistant administrator.

Jackson's point: Asssessments are set by elected township assessors, in this case by Hampton's assessor. East Moline and Triumph can talk all they want to about $2.7 million or any other figure, but it's just plain pie in the sky. She's perfectly right, unless there's some sub-paragraph somewhere in the TIF laws that takes away the assessor's authority. Seems unlikely to me.

The funny number adds another inch or so to the already wide credibility gap of plant supporters.

Silvis Ald. Bob Zesiger, who called the hearing (and another at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Silvis Junior High School cafeteria), said the meeting was going to be orderly and civil; said he'd promised it would be when he was trying to talk E.M. Mayor John Thodos into coming. Mayor Thodos nevertheless couldn't make it, but the meeting was orderly.

The crowd tended toward middle-age and upwards, and those from Silvis seemed a lot less enthusiastic about the project than E.M. seems to be. Several pointed out they'd be a lot closer to the plant than anybody in East Moline.

Silvis Mayor Lyle Lohse said he's had several long talks with Mayor Thodos, but that he still has a lot of questions and concerns about the plan.

There was talk about pooling resources and hiring lawyers to fight the plant. People living closest to the site were advised to get appraisals done NOW and let Triumph know it could expect a law suit if property value went down as the plant went up.

People were exchanging names, numbers, info gleaned from the internet, talking about fighting back against the big corporations and about democracy and what not. Kind of stuff that scares the bejesus out of the hurry-up, sign-here, sign-now crowd.

(A purely personal aside here, to a few friends who may pass by: I miss Carol. She would have loved this story.)

Posted by jcb at December 16, 2005 12:36 AM

Comments

Rumler articulates himself very well. I'm impressed. His statement seems to be very well thought out, and makes a lot of sense. There is no need to rush this agreement. The citizens of the Quad Cities deserve to have these safeguards in place before Triumph signs on the dotted line.

Posted by: Local Dem at December 16, 2005 05:09 PM

John,

Are you smoking crack?

Posted by: thetruth at December 16, 2005 05:44 PM

Rumler 0, jobs lost 1,000!

Posted by: thetruth at December 16, 2005 07:30 PM

What?

Posted by: local dem at December 16, 2005 08:09 PM

How do you lose jobs? All he's asking for are some safeguards to prevent against an odiferous plant that will deter others from setting up shop in the QC.

It seems like Rumler is for the plant, he just wants to make sure that it doesn't ruin our area.

Posted by: local Dem at December 16, 2005 08:12 PM

If the St. Joe plant stays on schedule, lots of questions could be answered in 6-8 months. Some of the people at the Silvis meeting Thursday suggested that the agreement with Triumph should include an escape clause for E.M., if they don't like what see, hear and smell in St. Joe.

Triumph's unlikely to go for that, since it'd mean adjusting a schedule or starting site work that might have to be abandoned.

Silvis officials said at the hearing that Thodos says that Triumph has contract to sell about 20 percent of production in Japan, and that there'll even be a rep of the Japanese at the plant.

Maybe terms of that agreement explains Triumph's big rush. But it doesn't mean we need to run along with 'em, without knowing where we're going.

Posted by: jcb at December 16, 2005 09:28 PM

"...the vote would have been 35 to zip Rumler."
- John Bydler

How does Bydler know what the vote would have been? Was he in attendance at the meeting? Did he show biais by counting himslef among those in the room against Senator Mike Jacobs?

Did Bydler poll everyone at the meeting, or did he simply make up fact in a crude attempt to semar Senator Mike Jacobs?

If owned the Dispatch, I would issue a public apology to Senator Mike Jacobs and pray he didn't sue me.

Stating your opinion is one thing, but making up facts and reporting them as if they were true is another?

Posted by: thetruth at December 16, 2005 09:43 PM

Good lord thetruth, get a grip. jcb's blog is a forum for opinion. But I have to say I find it interesting that this post has caused you to go into hysterics. I take it as a hopeful sign that Selected Not Elected Mike is in trouble.

On a different note---jcb mentioned his friend Carol. I want to say that I didn't know her, her work at the D/A or her byline. Like many who read the paper, I just never notice who wrote what.

But I do remember jcb's eloquent and moving tribute to his friend---her life, her career, her final days. We should all be as blessed as Carol to have such a person as jcb to remember us when we pass on.

Posted by: paladin at December 17, 2005 01:28 PM

Yes, Paladin, thetruth's hysterics, could be interpreted as a sign his favorite senator sees trouble ahead. Seems bizarre that anyone with the senator's name recognition and bankroll could be in trouble, but I keep running into political types -- including some who are rooting for him -- who say he may manage to blow it.

And thanks for the kind words re: Carol.

Posted by: jcb at December 17, 2005 05:53 PM

PalaBydlers,

I am not going to hold my breath, but I urge you to.

As Bydler's title is NEWS EDITOR, should it be changed to reflect his current career? How about John Bydler, NEWS MAKER-UPPER? Or how about "I make up fact and then report them, please take me seriously as a journalist!" What a joke!

It's sad to see a talented reporter like John Bydler become an obscure hack that doesn't care about anyone but himself! Bydler should get off the casino, and spend some more time covering news, rather than making it up out of whole cloth!

Posted by: thetruth at December 17, 2005 05:54 PM

Any chance in the world you ever heard of Captain Queeg?

Posted by: jcb at December 17, 2005 09:24 PM

Exactly what is he making up? Paul Rumler's statement on his site? The fact that Mike Jacobs is all for the plant? The latter of these has been all over both local papers. Going on blogs such as here and theinsidedope and blindly attacking (horrid spelling and all) anyone critical of Senator Jacobs does not help his cause any.

But since you're here and are obviously a big supporter (or you're working for him), what do you say to his classist comment to Barb Ickes of the QCT a couple weeks back about not wanting a hog plant in his backyard, but how he would never buy property where that could happen?
link

Having grown up on property in EM that Mr. Jacobs "woudln't have bought", all I have to say to Mr. Jacobs is good luck in getting elected. Denny Jacobs made me proud to be from East Moline, his son makes me a little embarrased to be a Democrat.

Posted by: t at December 17, 2005 10:40 PM

I actually get dumber just reading "the truth"'s comments.

Posted by: The Inside Dope at December 18, 2005 01:45 AM

Tell me about it. Mike's spelling leaves a lot to be desired.

The question still remains, why does E.M. need to vote now? Why not wait and visit the Missouri plant before putting themselves on the line. If Triumph was truely producing odor free bacon why would they object?

This whole situation reminds me of the Springfield Monorail...with Thodos/Jacobs in the role of Quimby.

Posted by: Local Dem at December 18, 2005 12:51 PM

Dispatch News Editor: caught making up poll numbers

And to think, I knew Bydler when he was a top-notch reporter. This whole mess calls Bydler's credibility as a news man into question.

John, do you think it is good policy to make up a poll and report it as fact (when you know it is not), or do wish you had stuck to the facts? Please advise!

Posted by: thetruth at December 18, 2005 04:44 PM

Jeez Mike, give it a rest. You're just as abrasive on the blogs as you are in person. You might want to think about giving up public speaking (and blogging) for a while. Everyone is tired of...you.

Posted by: Tired of... at December 18, 2005 05:41 PM

thetruth, Mike, whoever... what "poll" are you babbling about? There's been no poll. Nobody said there was a poll. What are you talking about?

Go read the post's first three paragraphs again. Doesn't say nothing about no poll, does it?

What it does say, in the third graph: "If the election had been at Thursday's pig plant public hearing in Silvis, the vote would have been 35-zip Rumler." That's an opinion, Mike. Not a poll. Didn't say it was. So what the hell "poll" are you talking about?

My opinion, incidentally, is based on what I saw and heard at the meeting. People were pretty unhappy about the Triumph plant and the politicians who support it. And I stick by it -- vote there that night would have been 'bout 35-zip Rumler.

Course, you weren't there to see what was on your constituents' collective mind, so you don't really know.

If you don't like my opinion, you do the poll. I think there was a signup sheet at the meeting; maybe you could arrange to gets calls made to all who were there, to ask who they would voted for, if the election had been held that night.

Lemme know how it comes out.

In the meantime, please spare us more rants about the poll that never existed, and that nobody but you ever said existed.

People would much rather hear what you're doing to minmize the negative impacts of a project you think is necessary.

Ahhh, I see why you'd rather talk about imaginary polls.

Posted by: jcb at December 18, 2005 09:44 PM

JBC,

How does a pork plant meeting turn into a rally against Senator Mike Jacobs? What was said at the meeting that made you think everyone in attendance were voting against Senator Jacobs? What did you hear that made you generalize that every person in the room was against Senator Mike Jacobs? Do you even know if people at the meeting were registered to vote? Did they even live in his district?

You list your title as "Dispatch News Editor," and now you claim your just some "flunky blogger with an opinion." Which is it going to be JBC? News Editor or News Maker-upper?

Posted by: thetruth at December 19, 2005 12:46 AM

John,

You can not reason with the insane.

"the truth" is a moron and is either incapable of rational thought or simply refuses to put in the effort.

If anyone dares suggest that the boy-king has no clothes, it's slur, bash, insult, and smear. Beyond that, he's lost.

He can't reply or respond to those who object to his lies and distortions. He can't respond at all. He can only continue more of the same, only more goofy, more abusive and more extreme.

He's a petty small-time tyrant with less maturity than most grade-schoolers.

Again, you can not reason with the insane.

Or the narcissistic, egotistical, frightened, and stupid.

Posted by: The Inside Dope at December 19, 2005 12:55 AM

Why do blog owners think they are smarter than everyone else? Are they Mensa clubs for nerds?

Thus far self-apppinted cultural elites like the DOPE, John Bydler and Rich Miller have used blogs to "knock down barns." Do you envision a time when blog owners become "caprenters" as well?

As for your negative, hate filled comments towards me DOPE, so is your mother! If you know who she is!

Posted by: thetruth at December 19, 2005 10:55 AM

You could always set up your own blog and become one of your so-called "self-appointed cultural elites". If you are indeed Mr. Jacobs I am sure you would have a lot of people eager to read it.

Of course if you can't figure out how to set one up I'm sure your dad can do that for you too.

My apologies to John for feeding the troll. Let's hope the EM council shows sober restraint this evening.

Posted by: t at December 19, 2005 12:24 PM

If anyone who can spell reasonably well and formulate a rational thought are "cultural elites", I think I'd rather be one of them than someone who's idea of a comeback is to insult someone's mother.

Interesting views there, Mike. Thanks for showing us what you're made of.

Posted by: Emil Jones at December 19, 2005 01:49 PM

This guy is an embarrassment. There may be record numbers in the voting booth this spring.

Posted by: Ananamoose at December 19, 2005 05:20 PM

Dope, my apologies. It would be amusing to delete his references to your mother (a sainted woman, I'm sure) and see if he filed yet more complaints with the ACLU.

But I'm going to leave it. It's so illuminating, for voters who happen by.

Posted by: jcb at December 19, 2005 10:15 PM

That's right! I almost forgot the ACLU is on the case.

And I'm sure another reason you didn't delete the comment was because so many brave Americans have died for our sacred right to throw boorish tantrums on any blog we want.

I have a very extensive collection of these pearls of wisdom from the Jacobs camp. Hundreds.

Perhaps I should gather them together in a sort of "best of" compilation? That would be illuminating, eh? It could be a perfect stocking stuffer for someone who has been bad all year.

Posted by: The Inside Dope at December 20, 2005 12:23 AM

If the self-appointed cultural elites can't take the heat, they should get out of the kitchen!

Why is it that John Bydler won't address the issue at hand --- is he a NEWS EDITOR or a NEWS MAKER-UPPER? Bydler's deafening silence on this vital issue tells me everything I really need to know!

It's really sad to see a gifted reporter like John Bydler turned into a common everyday blog host! As someone that truely admired Bydler's considerable news skills, the realization has been a serious let down for me!

Now that East Moline moved the pig plant forward, and it is not going to be delayed, where does your buddy Rumler stand? Is he for the pig plant or against it? If you don't know, pretend you are a reporter and find out! That would be new!

Enjoy your little blog John!

Posted by: thetruth at December 20, 2005 10:03 AM

"Enjoy your little blog John!", does this mean you are done posting. I think I speak for everyone when I say "Hooray".

Posted by: What?? at December 20, 2005 11:59 AM

I think I speak for all when I say that the absence of "the truth" "head usher" and all the Jacobs alter-(overblown)egos would be a great Christmas gift to everyone who enjoys rational discussion and opinion.

Posted by: Elbert at December 20, 2005 05:19 PM

Anyone else notice the e-mail address attached to "The Truth" commenter?

jacobs36@sbcglobal.net

Posted by: Rich Miller at December 22, 2005 09:17 AM

Rich: I noticed "the truth"s email addy several days ago, but my reaction was that even SNEM (Selected Not Elected Mike) couldn't be THAT stupid----could he?

My email addy is obviously fake---I always use it because on some blogs commenting is not allowed without one---even a "not real" one.

But now this has got me thinking---- maybe all these comments from "thetruth" are really from some anti-SNEM person or group.

Oh, how I love a good conspiracy!

Posted by: paladin at December 22, 2005 12:11 PM

Yes Rich, I did. It's pretty sad really. The poor spelling was a dead give-away, but the email address sealed the deal. I'm not sure it's professional for a Senator to ask John Beydler if he's "smoking crack". It would be a shame if the press were to pick up on this story:

"Senator Jacobs makes inappropriate comments."

Oh wait, they've run a handful of those stories already in recent months. Embarrassing representation for the QC.

Posted by: Yep at December 22, 2005 12:16 PM

Paladin, I don't buy a conspiracy either. The Truth is almost certainly the "Headusher" on The Inside Dope Blog. The style and propensity for spelling errors are identical. I don't know how long "The Truth" has been posting, but the "Headusher" has been around for a long time. Seems a little far-fetched to be a conspiracy.

Is there any way to verify the email address?

Posted by: Local Dem at December 22, 2005 12:28 PM

Tory Brecht of QCT called me a couple of days ago; said he was working on possible story about Sen. Jacobs and posts on blogs, including this one and The Inside Dope.

I told him I don't really know whether "thetruth" was the senator or not.

In asking me questions, Tory revealed that Jacobs denied being "thetruth", but then had proceeded to attack me in virtually the same terms as those used by "thetruth."

Whatever. At this point, Sen. Jacobs certainly knows about the posts and I haven't heard from him, saying that he's not "thetruth."

If he's saying he's not "thetruth", I can supply some IP numbers that might help SBC track down who's sending the stuff using his email address.

Posted by: jcb at December 22, 2005 12:43 PM

Let me get this straight, If I disagree with John Bydler, he reveals my name? What's next tracing speakout calls?

I think "thetruth" was right on when he or she asked if Bydler was "smoking crack?" What else would expmain Bydler and qconline's double standard? Qconline News Editor John Bydler can print whatever he wants, even when it's knowingly false, but when someone dares disagrees, the qconline NEWS EDITOR unviels your name and e-mail address! I for one think a lot of qconline subscribers are going to be very interested in this fact!

Posted by: yourkiddingmeright at December 22, 2005 04:20 PM

This is getting too weird.

"yourkiddingmeright", go back and read Paladin's post, would you?

Now, listen carefully: If you do NOT put in an email address when you post, no email address will be displayed with the post. There will be no record of an email address. Got that, now?

YOU revealed the email address.

Anyway... in the hope of ending speculation, I sent the following the Sen. Jacobs a few minutes ago:

From: john beydler [mailto:johnbeyd@qconline.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 5:54 PM
To: 'Mike Jacobs'
Subject: Blogs

Mike --

As you're aware, the blogosphere and, apparently, the print media is interested in whether you've been posting on various blogs using various nomme de webs.

So --
Do you post as "thetruth"?
Do you post as "headusher"?
Do you post as "yourkiddingmeright"?

If you do not post under those names, are you concerned that someone who does is using your email address?

Thanks for any help in clearing things up.

John

Posted by: jcb at December 22, 2005 06:01 PM

I sent this e-mail to Sen. Jacobs yesterday. So far, no response.

Subject: Is this Mike Jacobs' e-mail?

Cuz if it is, I'm wondering if you're the guy posting comments over at the Passing Parade by the name of "The Truth." That poster is using the jacobs36@sbcglobal.net e-mail address.
------

I also tried calling his office, but it was closed for the holidays. Maybe I'll try to call him at home today, but I'm kinda busy with Christmas stuff.

Posted by: Rich Miller at December 23, 2005 09:54 AM

An interesting position for the Senator, this. It'll be enlightening to see his response.

As we hang in wait, and given this thread has drifted considerably, it's a natural spot for an off-topic commercial. Maybe a PSA?

-----------
Beginning January 1, 2006, The Energy Policy Act of 2005 will offer tax credits (even to Illinois residents) for select energy improvements to your home -- including windows, furnace, photovoltaic systems and more. So if energy prices alone haven't provided enough incentive to consider making some changes, here are a few more: www.keepwarm.illinois.gov/TaxIncentives.cfm

And now, back to the little blog.
-----------

Your move, Senator.

Posted by: Jimi Velocity at December 23, 2005 10:25 AM

Just tried calling his home. Not there. Left a message.

Posted by: Rich Miller at December 23, 2005 11:07 AM

Do you plan to "out" everyone here?

For instance, are you going to tell us who paladine is, who Jim Velocity is, who Local Dem is, who Elbert is, who areyoukiddingme is, who theinsidedope is, who emil jones is, who annamoose is, who jbc is, who what is?

Or do you only plan to "out" those who disagree with you?

Posted by: OUT'UMALL at December 23, 2005 01:53 PM

Only Karl Rove outs people who disagree with him. Jacobs (or whomever it is) keeps putting in the same email address that raises alarm. Anyone who hovers their mouse over theheadusher, etc, can see this. Couple that with some of the absolutely idiotic things Jacobs has said to the printed media that share the same tone and arrogance as said comments, and yes, it makes some of us wonder if he is in fact gracing us with his presence. If anyone is "outing" anyone it's whomever is writing that email address.

And all Mr. Jacobs has to do is deny it - at least John is giving him the ample opportunity to do so. If he didn't make these comments then I suggest he do deny it here and on the insidedope. If he doesn't I can promise you they will be very damaging to him in his first election.

Posted by: t at December 23, 2005 02:48 PM

I see "OUT'UMALL" tried to use my email address in his post, but couldn't quite get it right. Has the same trouble spelling my name as "thetruth." Also has the same trouble understanding that "thetruth" outed himself.

Enough of such stuff for the moment. Time to think of better things for a couple of days. Everyone, have a nice Christmas.

Posted by: jcb at December 23, 2005 03:03 PM

Back to the main point. It is a huge stretch to tie a packing plant to consultants' suggestions that the QC seek farm related industry. The consultant had in mind bio-tech, not hog killing.

And as another remarked, a hog killing plant will help draw and keep bright, well educated 25 to 40 year olds to the QCs? Really?

Could this plant be a step backwards?

Posted by: Peter at December 23, 2005 03:31 PM

General alert here:
Someone is now playing games with email addresses, using the addresses of people who they clearly aren't.

So, I'm going to turn on moderation, which means posts will be held 'til I've had a chance to look at them. Sorry about the inconvenience but it'll stop the juvenile crap enough for me to enjoy the holiday. I'll be checking periodically to post legit stuff.

Once again, Merry Christmas.

Posted by: jcb at December 23, 2005 04:29 PM

Peter --

Thank you for trying again...don't forget that the pigs themselves will be wonders of the bio-tech age.

Yes, I think time will show this to have been a giant step in the wrong direction. Would love to pick this conversation up after Christmas; move it its own thread, see if that helps the tenor of things.

Posted by: jcb at December 23, 2005 07:33 PM

Yikes, Beydler -- turn off the moderation! Within every liberal lurks a thought-policeman. (Just kidding. Ha ha ha!)

Let's not leave it up to a Times reporter to figure out if the person posting with Jacobs' (apparent) email address is, indeed, Mike Jacobs.

The disjointed logic in thetruth's posts is troubling. Voters need to know if this is the way their representative's mind works. And if they aren't coming from Jacobs -- which it appears he can prove with a call to SBC -- it would be good to let people know he's being impersonated.

It would be nice to know whether the "Rosa Parks" incident was a slip of the tongue, or if there is something remarkably unique about the way his mind processes reality.

(That brouhaha left me scratching my head. Jacobs denied that he said what he said and claimed Scott Reeder misquoted him, but then The Dispatch ran a transcript that proved that he did, though if I remember correctly, he still claimed that he "didn't"...)

Cue "Twilight Zone" theme music.

Posted by: MR at December 24, 2005 10:14 AM

What is going on with the Email adresses. What kind of games. Are they being stolen or what. please advise!!

Posted by: WHAT at December 24, 2005 10:18 AM

Sorry, should have been more specific. Some nitwit poster starting entering other people's email addresses in posts, so I deleted them and turned on moderation.

The game-playing started with the post above from "OUT'UMALL", who put in what he/she apparently believed was my email address. Moved on from entering mine to entering other people's. Messages were more of the juvenile BS people who've been following this string have had to wade through.

Posted by: jcb at December 24, 2005 05:20 PM

"If the election had been at Thursday's pig plant public hearing in Silvis, the vote would have been 35-zip Rumler. No. No. Make it 34-1 Rumler."
- John Bydler

Your story is false. How do I know? Well, my wife and I are opposed to the pig plant, were at the meeting, and are voting for Sen. Mike Jacobs.

Why? Because Rumler was willing say anything we wanted to hear. To his credit, Mike Jacobs never tried to pull the wool over our eyes! Mike stood his ground and took his lumps. In addition, Mike has done a good job in Springfield!

If nothing else the vote would was 31-3, rendering your statement false!

I did note that you included yourself among those at the meeting voting for Rumler! Do reporters generally support one candidate over another, or is this something new? What gives?

Posted by: Janey at January 7, 2006 06:46 PM

Ah, Janey, you sound so much like "thetruth."

Like "thetruth," you can't spell my name. Like "thetruth," you don't know the difference between a news story and an opinion column. Like "thetruth," you can't stay on topic.

Please, if you want to blather further on this topic, post on the appropriate string: Pig plant things: Rumler 34, Jacobs 1; a bogus $2.7 mil.

Posted by: jcb at January 7, 2006 06:48 PM

You seem to think that anyone that disagrees with you or spells your name incorrectly is Thetruth. I won?t even try to spell it, as I don?t want you accusing me of being somebody I am not. However it does seem as though you have a problem with Sen. Mike Jacobs and as a newsperson I find it to be disturbing. I notice you attack people at the meeting that you felt that you could talk for. I am also wondering if you did include yourself in the poll that you reported or not. You never seem to answer this question. I have lost a lot of respect for you as the editor of our paper. You should be ashamed to treat people that you took the liberty to represent at this meeting. They deserve better. Please don?t accuse me of being someone that I am not.

A concerned citizen.

Posted by: Disappointed at January 7, 2006 07:05 PM

Oh my! This guy just slays me!!! Listen to this stuff!! It's officially gone from infuriating to funny as hell.

Now we hear that the object of these whacked-out attacks himself "attacked" people at the meeting in question that he "felt he could talk for."

Oh boy... just when I think it can't be any more bizarre, "the truth" comes through like a champ!

Whatever the guy's drinking, it must be cut with benzene or something. It's rotting his brain.

He lies, he tries to impersonate all kinds of people, and he truly thinks that it's not plain as day who he is. It's disturbing that he thinks he's so clever that no one will suspect him when he pretends to be some fake person at this meeting who opposes the hog plant but really thinks Jacobs is a fine young man.

No matter what fake identity he tries . He's incapable of telling thre truth and his mind runs constantly along the lines of totally horsesh*t political PR phrases and tactics that they get out of the way in Campaign 101 in the first week.

The absolutely bizarre thought process and obsession with repeating phrases (news editor about 60 times, and my fave, "news maker-upper") attempting the same tired, stupid attempts to smear, and threaten, trying to pretend as if normal people agree with him, the mispellings, the naueating fake outrage about being "ashamed" and threats of speading false rumors about Beydler and others, it's the total package.

After reading hundreds of these gems, I can spot them many miles away, no matter what fake name they sign or lying persona they try to adopt.

I really think we should put them all together and publish them, though I don't know why I'd do that to anyone that I liked. You can't read them without feeling sorry for them in a way. It's like laughing at the handicapped.

And above all, the constant, constant, constant LIES. It never ends. BS on top of BS on top of more BS.

And if this isn't Mike Jacobs himself, I'd be beyond shocked. And of course, the fact remains that Jacobs does read blogs, and he's well aware of all this disturbing BS, and does nothing to stop it or even disavow it.

Anyone who still believes that this truly weird stuff isn't coming from their state senator just hasn't been paying attention.

Posted by: The Inside Dope at January 11, 2006 11:28 AM

You do enjoy feeding the animals, don't you, Dope?

I'm settling for moving the posts from this commenter, by whatever name he's using at the moment, to the appropriate string rather than forcing people interested in other topics to read through the garbage.

I should, I guess, point out egregious factual errors on the off-chance anyone's taking him seriously, which would be difficult to do for anyone who reads this entire string.

In the most recent post, the egregious error is the repetition of the claim that I'm a newspaper editor. I'm not.

Facts, of course, won't get in his way.

Posted by: jcb at January 11, 2006 01:27 PM